Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Poor David (but also - some heartwarming videos)

I'm not entirely sure how this happened, but I think it was in the context of David Byrne going to Congress to make some argument about music artists' royalities.  He ended up looking very unhappy in this selfie:

(I knew when I first saw this pic a couple of days ago that someone would tweet it with the caption "how did I get here?")

Anyway, I'm guessing that even Jon Stewart had to talk to Republicans when he was involved in pushing for some legislation for first responders.   Sometimes you gotta deal with them if you want support for a good cause.

The other David Byrne thing that I've been meaning to post about for months now is the lovely fact that he and the rest of Talking Heads buried some long standing hatchets and made several media appearances together to celebrate the 40 year re-release of Stop Making Sense.

 Gosh, it was 8 months ago that they were on Colbert's show?    But only last week they were on Jimmy Fallon's show too, and still all in good humour.

It's nice to see people who have fought in the past making up. 

And yes, I'm in the cohort of people who saw the concert movie in the cinema when it was first released.  I was only vaguely aware of the band before that, but then bought most of their albums over the next few years.  

  



1 comment:

John said...

It's nice to see people who have fought in the past making up.

Money makes aging rockers forgive each other.