Thursday, September 26, 2024

Youtube's fiddling with the "recommended" again

I'm guessing that other people may have noticed this:   in the last couple of weeks I have noticed that when I watch a video from a channel I haven't watched before from Youtube's "recommended" list, and then go back to the recommended list, there will immediately be another 3, 4 or 5 videos from the same channel near the start of the list.  Well, perhaps in the first half of the list, anyway.

I find this annoying, because if I find a video particularly engaging, my normal practice is to go to the channel to check out what its usual content is like, and decide whether I should subscribe.   I don't need Youtube recommending that I should watch another video from there immediately - I'm big enough to work out if I should check out the channel's content myself.

First world problem, sure.   And maybe content creators actually like this tactic?   But I find it irritating.

 

 

No comments: