Wednesday, October 07, 2026

Jon Stewart does AI

 I feel I am on a bit of a Youtube embed bender this week, but these two segments from this week's Daily Show are, I think, really good and worth it.

Make sure you read the comments threads too, where many people express deep skepticism that the richest man in the world (is he still, I forget?) who headed a government program to cut food and health measures to some of the poorest people in the world is now making vague promises of utopian riches to everyone, if government will just let him go on and continue accumulating his own wealth and build his robots and spaceships and whatever.    

 

 

Then there is the interview with the visibly nervous young tech guy who gave the "more than 10% chance it will kill us" warning. He doesn't come across all that well, in that he seems inclined to believe the utopian vision while appearing very naive about how it is supposed to work, and also seems to not have given any thought to what a world without work would be like psychologically:

 

No comments: