Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Monbiot catches up with me

George Monbiot: If there is a God, he's not green. Otherwise airships would take off | Comment is free | The Guardian

Hey, I first mentioned the return of airships as a possible way to reduce CO2 emissions back in August 2006! (The topic got more space in my post of November 2006.) What's more, hydrogen filled ones were mentioned in my March 2008 list of brilliant ideas for the 2020 Summit.

Now Monbiot is promoting the idea of hydrogen airships (see above). Well, actually he mentions one which would use both hydrogen and helium, which may well be a good idea.

I'm tempted to refer to myself as a blogging prophet who is not being adequately recognised in the blogosphere, and to take up wearing sackcloth and eating locusts in the desert. (Which, incidentally, may just mean a move into the backyard, as Brisbane's normal winter dry spell has already kicked in with a vengeance, it seems.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a Steampunk aficionado - I would welcome the sight of majestic Zeppelins traversing the sky raining death .... I mean resuming the thriving prewar passenger trade. Now if only they could get the Steam car mass-produced.