Tuesday, October 08, 2019

President Flexo

Is it possible that I might be the first person to make this comparison?   I have my doubts, but Googling doesn't bring anything up that I can see.

This recent tweet of Trump:


along with his "stable genius" claim, which Trump cultists would presumably assure us are just his sense of humour, reminds me that Trump is very much like the robot character Flexo from Futurama.  You might recall that he is the robot Bender's evil twin, who constantly claims to be joking after making offensive comments:

 "Well I don't feel as bad as you look! [Laughs] Nah, I'm just messing with you, kid. You're alright. That's some face you got, though. I think they got a cream for that. [Laughs again] Nah, you're great."

I see that many other people think Trump is a lot like an aged Zapp Brannigan - and of course I can see that too.  Trump combines the worst characteristics of both.

And of course, Rupert Murdoch is Professor Farnsworth - never a better match. 

1 comment:

John said...

Trump keeps making these claims that never amount to anything. North Korea issue not solved. China issue not solved. He once said he could solve the Palestinian issue in about a month. He threatened Iran then gave up. He hasn't built a wall, he hasn't restored manufacturing in the USA, he hasn't stopped China stealing IP. Trump's threats are starting to ring hollow and I don't think Turkey gives a damn about his threats.

Trump is a narcissist. A very good profile fit: self-aggrandizement on a huge scale, very sensitive to criticism, loves ridiculing people, and doesn't admit error.