Thursday, February 27, 2020

A fruity observation

I usually notice what fruit and vegetables are good each season.   A couple of summers ago, I think it was, stone fruit seemed to have an exceptionally nice season.  After that, maybe a year or so ago, we seemed to have a flood of cheap but good quality pineapples.

This summer, I have often been impressed with - tomatoes.   I don't know who is growing them now, and how they have got them to develop better flavour and colour, but I reckon tomatoes have been really good, and often not very expensive, this summer.

Back to your more important reading, now.

5 comments:

TimT said...

Our tomatoes are doing fairly well. It’s also been a decent season for nectarines, though you’ve got to get them quick, before they get nicked...

Steve said...

I have not noticed good stone fruit this season. I bought some peaches recently which looked OK, but had no sweetness to speak of. I assume the drought had taken its toll.

Not Trampis said...

Catallaxy would say it is typical of a res to like red tomatoes!!

Steve said...

"a res" ?

Not Trampis said...

make that red