Monday, June 14, 2021

A good French film

Purely by accident (I searched Netflix for "90 minute movies" on Saturday night), I came across the French (Netflix produced) film from 2020 Lost Bullet.  It's very good.

It's a car action/corrupt cop film which is lean but moves along at a nice and engaging pace, with just the right number of narrative surprises; and is pretty impressive for the quality of some of the mini-Mad Max style road action too.  (I am completely uninterested in the post apocalyptic silly world of George Miller, and the obviously CGI nature of the Fast and Furious leaves me cold too;  but put some [relatively] realistic looking, small scale car action on the screen and it can still be entertaining.)

It's well worth a look.   Once again, it has a level of complexity and realistic enough characters, but on a modest budget, which makes me wonder why Australian films can't duplicate this.


 

No comments: