Monday, May 16, 2022

Impossible is fantastic

It's been a long time since I ate at Grill'd, but I'm pretty sure they used to sell the Beyond Burger as their imitation burger.

On the weekend, I was there again, and see they now sell the Impossible burger, which I have never tried before.  (I see from Googling that this is a relatively recent change.)

So I tried it in the basic burger version, and it was very, very good.  They've really nailed that texture element, which I used to say was the main thing that you could tell was different from real beef.   And the taste seemed indistinguishable to me.

I got home and told my fake meat skeptic son that, along with my "reverse Pol Pot" plan (de-populate regional areas so to stop the spread of Right wing ideas), my next law as Benevolent Dictator would have to be to ban beef burgers.   There simply is no need for them any more. 

Chicken nuggets will probably be next in the firing line, since I've seen a few videos of people tasting plant based ones which they say are indistinguishable.

No comments: