Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Therapy advice from the oddest source

I'm not sure if this is affecting everyone on Twitter, or just me, but the "For You" tab lately, while the place is in its death throes (it really does seem that Threads is likely to kill it - or reduce to a mere shell of its former self and a lightweight imitation of Truth Social) is full of UFO/UAP guff and excitement.

Because of that, I saw a tweet from a guy who seems to be a psychologist or counsellor of some sort, who calls himself the UAP Therapist.   His tweet made reference to a UFO encounter he recently had himself, and I thought I would read about that.

The video in which discusses it is extremely long - more than two hours I think (the guy can really talk at length) - and pretty tedious.  His experience, alone in the mountains, sounded more like a mystical dream than a "real" encounter.  But I was falling asleep during much of it.

Anyway, from his thread I found something I thought interesting:  this therapist "trick" for helping with anxiety producing throughts:


 

 


 I can see how that could be a useful exercise for all sorts of problematic thoughts - including ones about your body and gender, for example...

No comments: