Saturday, December 23, 2023

This AI image generation game has some way to go...

Given my recent interest in Buddhism, I thought it would be fun to bring him into Christmas this year, so I asked Dall-E to make "photo realistic image of Santa Clause in an arm wrestle with Buddha", and got this (amongst other images):


 I'm not entirely sure why Buddha looks like Ricky Gervais a bit, so I had another go.  This time I specified that both Buddha and Santa Clause were to be photo realistic people.  That produced these horrors:



I think Buddha's suddenly got boobs - not a sentence written very often in the history of the planet, I'm sure.

Moving on, I tried asking Dall E to generate one showing Australian economist Sinclair Davidson trying to plant a kiss on Australian billionaire Gina Rinehart, but she's resisting.   (She's been in the news lately, and odd things cross my mind.)  The results were...less than satisfactory:

Clearly, Dall E has a generic idea of what an economist looks like, and receding hairline, suit and tie are key features.  It also has no idea who Gina Rinehart is, and what's worse, it didn't even follow my prompt that she was resisting.

Finally, I tried describing the apparent features of some of more disreputable types who hang out at Catallaxy (or New Catallaxy) blogs with a series of prompts which I won't repeat in order to not upset John :). (You're not who I was trying to target - you're reputable!)   But this is what I got:

I reckon JC would be pretty amused, actually.

No comments: