Monday, March 25, 2024

Pisto and pesto

From "recent recipes successfully tried" files:

a.    hadn't heard of pisto before (a Spanish vegetable stew - although this recipe ups the protein with a chorizo topping), but this came out very nice.  Here's the Guardian's photo:


and here's my real life version:

 

Would have looked better in a smaller bowl, and the egg yolk broke and I flipped it, but it was still runny inside, honest.

Anyway:  yes, I did the cubed pumpkin in the airfryer first to get it a bit Maillard reacted on the outside. I also skipped the sage - it's not a herb I care for, much, to be honest.

As for pesto:   I followed a Youtube short for making a prawn pesto pasta, and I can't even find it again. I've forgotten the exact details, but I think it was prawns fried (with garlic? or was that after the prawns?) with a squeeze of lemon.  Added some halved grape tomatoes too - that wasn't in the video.  Remove from frying pan, put chicken stock in frying pan and cook the spaghetti in that (I used 100 g per person, it worked well.)   Drain spaghetti, add pesto and the prawns and tomatoes and mix around, maybe adding lemon and salt to taste.   Came out a bit dry, but next time I will just add back in more of the pasta water.

 



No comments: