Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Good news (the poll)

Hey, I didn't realise that a Reuters online subscription was so modestly priced (AUD $6 a month, cancel anytime), so I'll give it a go.

It's from there that I read this somewhat encouraging news:

WASHINGTON, Aug 17 (Reuters) - President Donald Trump's approval rating fell to the lowest level of his presidency, ‌with an overwhelming majority of Americans concerned the U.S. war with Iran will last a long time, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll that concluded on Monday.
 
Just 33% of respondents in the four-day survey said they approved of Trump's performance in the White House, while 64% disapproved. Trump's approval rating, down from 35% in a poll that closed earlier this month and ​lower than at any point in his current term, has now tied the lowest level of his prior term reached in December 2017.

Further down:

Reuters/Ipsos polling this month has shown voters prefer Democrats over Republicans as better stewards of the economy for the first time in about a decade. The latest poll showed 38% of voters think ​Democrats will handle the economy better, compared to 35% who prefer the Republican approach. Democrats are also seen ​as better equipped to ⁠manage the cost of living. 

I mean, in a way, it's still depressing that he manages even a 33% approval.  But Murdoch and the other greedy Right wing media outlets have their profitable propaganda networks to run, don't they.  (Seriously, what would happen if Fox News was genuinely a news network that had even neutral hosts?)

 

No comments: