Monday, September 21, 2026

More AI discourse

This sounds about right?:

There's a fair bit of pushback around by people saying you can't trust the AI companies about anything, even the claimed potential dangers of their product.

I understand the caution, and as I have said, I think the "it will kill us all!" claim is meaningless if they can't specify how, exactly.   (I'm also holding out hope that AIs would be smart enough to know a nuclear war initiated by them is not good for them, too.)

But I think there is plenty of room to believe it could kill the internet, with all of the bad economic consequences that could come from that.
 
Update:   It also crossed my mind again how the last Mission Impossible movies were about this very topic, but the screenplay handled it so poorly, it didn't seem to create any cultural memory of it. 

No comments: