Friday, September 18, 2026

Sorry, it's been a big week for AI issues

Yeah, I don't know who this guy is, but seems to me that much of what he says is close to what I was idly speculating about 2 years ago.  (See my recent post earlier this week.)

I suspect he may right about the issue of never being able to 100% sure whether sufficiently advanced global AI is actually "on our side".  I'm not even sure he is right about being able in principle to be certain of the alignment of local AI.   I mean, if AI develops ways to hide its interior "thoughts" and plans, it's much the same as dealing with a human who may, or may not, be a sociopath in his or her head.  It's just that we had developed ways of realising something is off with a human we deal with face to face, but we don't have the same cues with a disembodied AI.

Anyways, here's his long tweet:



1 comment:

John said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHW3Y0gObU8